Skip to content
More Power & E-Vent Version 3.1 Release
- We conducted testing with a lung phantom, set to replicate low compliance lungs (typical with ARDS) and airway resistance. As a result, we increased our motor Power Calculation to 70 W. This has increased the motor torque, in our design, to 15 N-m, see Mechanical.
- We are working to identify whether reasonably sized motors are available to meet this specification.
- Reduced specifications of I:E = 1:3 and max respiratory rates of 30 breaths / min can be used, as per the AAMI’s updated Emergency Use Ventilator (EUV) Design Guidance, accessible from here (see reports section).
- Photos of our latest reference design Version 3 have been posted to the Mechanical page along with CAD in Downloads. Details on earlier iterations have been moved to Past Designs.
- We are tracking other groups and are starting to list them on the Resources page.